Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gushi

I checked out the super fun looking Korean diner Gushi last night (see previous photo for the very cute exterior)..so this was stop number 2 on the Vegetarian tour of LA i was provided with as a leaving gift (see the link for the tale about the food guide). I bought the Bib Bim Bop, my all time fave Korean meal that I have whenever i eat at Goshen in beloved Fitzroy. So...not that I know much about Korean food but this meal comes with a hot sauce and a runny but fried egg on top and you get it..look at it (take a photo) and then turn it into a trainsmash to eat it. This photo is before the trainsmash.

It was pretty yum, huge and cheap..the sauce wasnt as saucy as Goshen and I think not having the big stone bowls and the lovely waitresses doing the train smash for you meant there was not as much excitement (coming home with my take-away container and attempting to replicate restaurant dining is a challenge, esp when you have no furniture!). I think i need to learn more about Korean food to say much more but I suspect that will happen over the next year!

Gushi is very busy, looks like a nice place to stay and eat a casual meal and I saw so much nice food zip out while i was there I want to try more but this was a pretty good first experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment