Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tommy Tacos

This curious little building right near Gushi has had me wondering for some time what goes on in there. There are always groups of men there..gathering late at night, i thought perhaps a saucy venue of some sort? Turns out this little gem is Tommy Tacos. I stuck my head in (there are seriously no signs) and saw that this little hole in the wall dishes out delicious Taco treats as well as other Mexican fare. I ordered the vegie burrito, for a bargain $5...there was a 12 inch version for $6.50 but the 8 inch one I purchased must have weighed more than half a kilo! It was massive, filled with avocado, tomato, cheese, rice beans and sauce..oh and some lettuce and herby business. It was more than i could really eat but so tasty I ate it all anyway... very satisfying...could have handled more beans and less rice but the combo was very tasty and yet another reason why I probably wont cook too often. What a find! Clearly not a brothel..and now i know why all those people are there hanging out the front! Super yum!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Pelican at St Kilda.
    Hope you're doing well Suzi.
    xx

    ReplyDelete