After eating some of the worst food in my life...we half jokingly headed to the Bourbon Steak restaurant thinking..perhaps the least likely place to get vegetarian food would probably turn out OK. The other main dining alternative seemed strangely deserted (but we did manage to check out some very large bottles of tequila while sussing it out, see below, but could not find any staff).

The bourbon steak house has been designed to be a very stylish upmarket restaurant, great decor, the wait staff were exceptional..i felt the most grown up i have since my arrival in this country. The steak is clearly the selling point. I was amused by descriptions of Kobe Beef and various other cuts of meat, including the rib eye 'cap'...reportedly had the best steak Nicole had ever eaten, big call!!
Our meal was super flash including fries with a truffle sauce of some sort, rosemary bread baked in the pan...some very special sides including shitake mushrooms, broccolini and asparagus.
There were not any vegetarian mains so I decided to be a dirty pescatarian and still blog because it was so good. I had an amazing tuna sashimi dish that was prepared table side in a spectacular arty fashion by the chef himself; it was flavoured with ginger, sesame, chili...it was sensational. I tried not to think of how far we were from the sea, and was so overwhelmed by its magnificence in preparation that I forgot to take a photo! I did get a cheesy snap outside the venue (and a little pic of the tequila earlier mentioned). Who wooda thunk it, Arizona you sure are a crazy place to eat!

yay for steak
ReplyDeleteI was more impressed by 'boozehag'
ReplyDeletesomethere there for everyone :)
ReplyDelete