Monday, July 12, 2010

Another year older and not any wiser...plus a counter meal

Where to start.. a crazy week its been to say the least. My strong recommendation for those who randomly decide to place themselves on the other side of the world around the time of their birthday is prepare for the worst..or be a little tougher than I am. I had a totally sucky birthday despite wonderful kind messages and cards from home..there is no escaping that 'all alone on your birthday' type feeling that comes from no one that you see that day really knowing its your birthday. Strangely enough, everyone at work remembered today that Friday was my birthday... go figure?



Anyway... lets take a step back before I decided to indulge my inner sook with birthday sadness.

Last Thursday was a different kind of celebration; one of the studies i am involved with met a recruitment milestone of 150 peeps so to celebrate we went out for burgers at 'The Counter'. This fine establishment prides itself on custom built burgers. I also included a picture of the the team that work on this study..they are pretty fun people..super nice.


So I ordered the vegie burger (this is the smallest of the three sizes, the big ones are scary big) and a side of sweet potato fries. Both were sensational, though with so many options with the custom built arrangement its hard not to to be left wanting to try more. It seemed like reasonable value, burgers were less than $10... (though a burrito is usually $5 so its all relative!)


Our next goal is 200 people and then Indian feast! Cant wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment