Friday, July 23, 2010

New wheels and good food

With all this learning about fixing bikes action I wanted to put my skilz to work.. so tonight I bought a frame from a 1970s Raleigh racing bike to start building a new bike piece by piece (hopefully not to slow or painfully). Sadly I didnt get a picture before I left my new pal at an almost total strangers house (due to riding two bikes for the hour trek being a physical impossibility for me). I am pretty excited..it's such a cute bike, kind of similar to the one pictured above but more smurf blue, and not quite as groovy. It is an old British racing bike actually brought out by the original owner in (who bought it in the 70s) and then sold to a really nice dude who sold it to me at a pretty cheaprice (essentially as a frame). It needs a little bit of love, but managable. Anyway, I am very excited to have a little project to work on tomorrow...hopefully will have it happening before Steve gets here!
Feeling quite joyous after bike bike sucess I decided to treat myself to a nice meal on the way home, so got a take-away meal from Native Foods. Native foods is the first place I ate a meal at here in Westwood and its a pretty special organic veggie place. Much of their menu is mexican-ish..but tonight I decided to break away from my comfortable burrito and taco rut and get something wildly different. I went for the Saigon Wrap (pictured below)... it was AMAZING (the hipster who handed me my order mentioned it was his fave..so I was pretty excited to test it out). It is hard to say what was so good..possibly the tastiest peanut satay sauce scenario ever combined with fresh lime..a really delish tangy taste..and the tofu was incredibly moist and flavor-filled.. the combination definitely took me to a very south east asian place, really good (the hipster was right!). I should definitely go there more often, especially given its a few hundred metres from my front door! A good night all in all, I just hope my bike is still at the random strangers house when I get there in the morning! I think that is a good snap shot of the highlights of the last 2 weeks. Work is getting super busy now so I suspect my leisurely days might be in for a rude shock but it was fun while it lasted. I am likely going to be swept up into a storm of grant writing/protocol developing/paper writing/trial conducting madness... should be fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment